Stress from gifts: tips to overcome anxiety.
Christmas is upon us and money is less and less, we can be run over by the anxiety of not knowing what to give. Here’s how to take the stress out of gift-giving.
The search for the perfect or suitable gifts is exhausting, sometimes even a nightmare. Italians are tired and even depressed at the idea of tackling Christmas gift shopping. If so much stress is created, it means that giving gifts is no longer a way to strengthen emotional ties. Here are some useful tips to overcome gift anxiety:
- don’t limit yourself to the last moment: you should anticipate the previous months and not wait for Christmas Eve to give gifts. The weekdays are better
- lower stress: just empathize with the other to try to understand what may be to his liking
- do everything with joy and taste: don’t worry if you can’t give gifts or it’s not possible to spend a lot. Sometimes, sensitive people appreciate the little things much more. Companionship and taste also count for decoration and entertainment
- go where the heart leads: be guided by emotions and by one’s emotional intelligence
- do-it-yourself gifts: the fashion for do-it-yourself gifts is back, thus saving time and money and avoiding the stress of gifts
- a packaged gift: in other words, originality makes it unique and different from the others. A bit like the emotional bond of those who give to those who receive
- perfection does not exist: the approach to gifts must be without pretension of perfection
- be original: don’t give in to stereotypes, otherwise unease will also arise in family relationships
- put a fear on the agenda: therefore addressing one question or problem at a time, giving yourself a real break even for just one hour.