Rejection is one of the worst nightmares of social life. Here are the tools to minimize the emotional consequences: how to deal with it in a healthy way.
Who in life has never received a two of spades?! So here’s how to exorcise rejection , one of the worst “monsters” of social life. A point of reflection on how rejection affects emotionally and being able to deal with it in a healthy way through the proposal of ideas . If the rejection comes from a person we wish to be close to, then the emotional consequences are intensified. Rejection therefore hurts our self-esteem . One must look for the intermediate point between validating what we feel, allowing it and avoiding dramatizing. Here’s how you can do it:
- work on your self-esteem. If self-esteem is “good,” the damage a rejection can do will be less
- self-esteem influences mood and interpretation of our surroundings
- to face everything we must love ourselves, also to be happier
- self-strengthening: small “rewards” for those things we do well
- promote our knowledge: find out what we like about ourselves
- take care of internal dialogue: educate thought so that it is healthy
- take care of emotional health
- recognize your strengths and accept your weaknesses
- surround yourself with positive people
- recognize strengths: We don’t have to be good at everything to feel good about ourselves
- it’s time to accept rejection, you have to work at it to do it
- take the blame off ourselves, just accept that there are people who will never like us
- To deal with rejection, avoid taking it too personally
Always remember that a rejection does not mean that something is wrong with ourselves, sometimes there is no logical explanation. We don’t think we are the cause of everything , but let’s open our minds. Let’s put self-referentiality aside .