The most talked about names in the 2022 World Cup are Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. After Ronaldo scored a goal in the Portugal – Ghana match, Lionel Messi also led Argentina to the victory against Mexico and added another record to his history book like his arch-rival. The reality of the chess photo shared by two-star names before the cup is experienced in Qatar…
At The 2022 World Cup hosted by Qatar, eyes are on Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as the second matches are halfway through.
MESSI’S SHOCK IN SAUDI ARABIA
Argentina, probably captained by Lionel Messi, who played in the last World Cup, made an unexpected start to the World Cup in Qatar. Argentina, which took the lead with Messi’s penalty goal in the Saudi Arabia match, broke the ice with the goals conceded at the beginning of the second half and lost their first match in the group. After the defeat, the whole world talked more about Messi than Argentina, his inability to lead the team, and his inability to take responsibility in critical moments.
RONALDO STARTED WITH A GOAL AND A WIN
For Cristiano Ronaldo, who was at the top of the world football agenda with his interview between the stop of the leagues and the start of the World Cup, the 2022 World Cup started better than his arch-rival. Faced with Ghana in the first match of the group, Portugal took the lead with a penalty scored by Ronaldo in the second half of the match, the first half of which was stagnant. Although Ghana caught the draw immediately, Portugal found 3-1 with quick attacks. Even though Ghana, who brought the score to 3-2 towards the end of the match, had hope again and hearts broke on the Portuguese front due to the fault of goalkeeper Diogo Costa, Portugal won the match 3-2.
ARGENTINA RISK OF EXCLUSION! MESSI SAVE…
The first matches of the cup were nightmarish for Argentina and happy for Portugal. In the match played in the early hours yesterday, Poland defeated the surprise team of the group, Saudi Arabia, 2-0. For Messi and his friends, a defeat against Mexico meant goodbye to the cup. Maybe they went against Mexico with this tension and the first half game went as Mexico wanted. Messi was ineffective, the team likewise…
When the minutes showed 64, Messi, who caught Di Maria’s pass from slightly above the ground, very well in front of him, found the corner of the goal protected by Ochoa with his left foot and put his team forward. The 35-year-old star football player’s goal celebration was in a way that represented throwing 1.5-match pressure over him. Defending the Mexican attacks after 1-0, Argentina brought the score to 2-0 with the goal scored by Fernandez in the 87th minute with Messi’s assist and got their first win in the 2022 World Cup.
RONALDO AND MESSI BREAK RECORD LIKE PLAYING CHESS
One day before the start of the tournament, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi shared a photo of them playing chess on their social media accounts. These two legends, who have been at the top of football for about 16-17 years, probably received more than 70 million likes in total before the last World Cup.
In that photo, the position on the chessboard was representative of a match that ended in a draw. The two stars are making chess moves, breaking records one after the other in Qatar.
The records Ronaldo and Messi broke in Qatar are as follows:
– Playing in the Saudi Arabian match, Messi became the fourth player in history to play in 5 different World Cups (2006, 2010, 2014, 2018 and 2022). Two days after Messi, Ronaldo was also included in this record and placed his name on the sixth place. Protecting the Mexican goal, Ochoa became the fifth player in the standings. (The others are Antonio Carbajal, Rafael Marquez and Lothar Matthaus)
– Cristiano Ronaldo, who scored a goal against Ghana, managed to become the first and only football player to score in 5 World Cups by shaking the opponent’s nets in the 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
– At the start of the 2022 World Cup, Ronaldo had a total of 7 goals in World Cups, while Messi had 6 goals. Messi equalized the score in the Saudi Arabia match, Ronaldo took the lead 8-7 in the Ghana match, Messi found 8-8 again in the Mexico match.
– Lionel Messi has become the oldest and youngest player to both score and assist in a World Cup game since 1966.
2006 | vs Serbia (19 years 155 days)
2022 | vs Mexico (35 years 155 days)
– Lionel Messi became the first and only player to assist in 5 different World Cups.
IT’S RONALDO’S TURN
After Messi , who scored and assisted against Mexico and brought his team to an assertive position again, it was Ronaldo ‘s turn to move . Portugal will face Uruguay in the second match of the group tomorrow.