Index contract in VIOP started with a decline

The contract based on the BIST 30 index with December maturity in the Borsa Istanbul Futures and Options Market (VIOP) started the day at 5,520.25 points with a decrease of 0.3 percent.

The December futures contract was traded at 5,520.25 in the opening session, 0.3 percent below the previous normal session close.


The index contract, which followed a buying weighted course yesterday, closed the regular session at 5,537.00 points, 1.3 percent above its previous closing. The index contract remained flat in the evening session.

Analysts stated that global stock markets were cautious before the US Federal Reserve (Fed) Chairman Jerome Powell’s speech today, adding that Powell’s verbal guidance is expected to have an impact on the direction of the markets.

Prior to today’s intense data and statements, it is priced in the money markets that the Fed will increase interest rates by 50 basis points with a 68 percent probability and with a 32 percent probability by 75 basis points at the December meeting.

Analysts stated that today the intense data agenda, especially growth in the Eurozone and growth in the Eurozone and growth in the USA, has come to the forefront, analysts noted that the news flow about the protests in China is also in the focus of investors.

Analysts reported that, technically, 5,550 and 5,600 levels are resistance and 5,450 and 5,350 points are support in the index contract.


Economists participating in AA Finans’ expectation survey expect the Turkish economy to grow by 3.9 percent in the third quarter.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button