Elden Ring represents the summit with its awards in four categories at the Golden Joystick Awards, which is almost a warm-up run before The Game Awards.
As we approach the end of 2022, the organizations that were awarded last year’s productions are also making their presentations one by one. The Golden Joystick Awards, which have now become traditional and left behind its 40th anniversary with this year’s organization, only result in the votes of the players, and it does not follow the same path as The Game Awards in this regard.
While two new categories such as “ Best Game Trailer ” and “ Best Early Access Game ” were added this year , we see familiar names in the Golden Joystick awards , where the “ All-Time Ultimate Game ”, “ All-Time Outstanding Hardware ” and “ Mobile Game of the Year ” categories were removed.
As a matter of fact, let’s take a look at the event and the award-winning games, which we can call the rehearsal of The Game Awards in many ways.
Winners and Categories of the 2022 Golden Joystick Awards
- Best Storytelling – Horizon Forbidden West
- Still Playing Award – Genshin Impact
- Best Visual Design – Elden Ring
- Studio of the Year – FromSoftware
- Best Game Expansion – Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
- Best Early Access Game – Slime Rancher 2
- Best Indie Game – Cult of the Lamb
- Best Multiplayer Game – Elden Ring
- Best Sound – Metal: Hellsinger
- Best Game Trailer – Goat Simulator 3 Announcement Trailer
- Best Gaming Community – Final Fantasy 14
- Best Gaming Hardware – Steam Deck
- Breakthrough Award – Vampire Survivors
- Critics’ Choice Award – Elden Ring
- Best Actor – Manon Gage (Marissa Marcel, Immortality)
- Nintendo Game of the Year – Pokemon Legends Arceus
- PC Game of the Year – Return to Monkey Island
- PlayStation Game of the Year – Stray
- Xbox Game of the Year – Grounded
- Most Wanted Game – Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Ultimate Game of the Year – Elden Ring